Date Posted: February 15, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Interior Design & Decorating
Job Function: Interior Decorating
Madison Taylor Design offers architectural, project management and design services for clients across the residential, commercial and hospitality industries worldwide. We focus on Integrated Design, a practice that seamlessly combines multiple disciplines to take each project from conception to completion and deliver extraordinary results.
Our mission is to provide high-end interior design and architectural services for local and global clients. Taking inspiration from nature and using modern and sustainable materials, we utilize our skill and expertise to bring the client’s design vision to life.
- College diploma or equivalent in Interior Design
- Minimum 5 years of Interior Design or Stylist experience
- Knowledge in custom furniture
- Proficiency in Revit is considered an asset
Detailed Role & Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Designing a full space, which includes sourcing furniture, lighting, linen, artwork, and accessories to fit within the client’s style as well as the MT brand.
- Creating floorplans and mood boards.
- Producing full millwork and construction drawings.
- Collaborating with our team of interior designers, architectural technologists, and construction staff in order to develop an effective and logical approach to accommodate the client’s design challenges.
- Sourcing new, exclusive suppliers for furnishings, artwork, and accessories.
- Advising on current styles and trends, as well as suggesting multiple options to the client based on the best combination of quality, price, and availability.
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to the client in a timely manner as well as building a strong and professional rapport.
- Meeting sales targets and strategizing initiatives to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Completing projects within a given timeframe.
Skills & Attributes:
- Highly creative with an excellent sense of aesthetics, composition, design, colour, and trends in furniture fashion
- Detail oriented and comfortable reviewing drawings
- Strong space planning skills
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and be adaptable to changes in priorities
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent client/supplier relationships
- Aligned with the company principles and values
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative without instruction
Employment Position Details
• Full Time – Permanent Position
• Salaried + Benefits
• Hours/week: 37.5
• Work Environment: Office
• Location – Temporarily located at 135 Bayfield Street, Suite 202 in Barrie, Ontario. Main Office is located at 14 Finlay Mill Road, Midhurst, Ontario