Landscape Construction Project Manager
Date Posted: June 2, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Architectural, Engineering & Design
Job Function: Project Management
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a landscape, construction, or related industry
- Demonstrated ability in Project Management, preferably overseeing landscape construction
- Post-Secondary education in an accredited Landscape program, or related field
- Strong ability to read plans and specifications
- Knowledge of Project Management software (notably CoConstruct)
- Experience with Estimating and Budgeting
- Ability to operate equipment is considered a definite asset
- Valid driver’s license
Detailed Role and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Working directly with the Landscape department to bring the project from design to completion.
- Managing projects through all phases of landscape construction, which include design review, budgeting, scheduling, and site supervision.
- Coordinating with consultants, engineers, and inspectors to ensure that all work complies with local standards and regulations.
- Overseeing siteworks, which includes coordination with surveyors, site clearing and blasting, septic installation, utilities, etc.
- Drawing up contracts and overseeing general contractors and subcontractors.
- Estimating concept design, tendering working drawings, and managing the budget using the company’s project management software CoConstruct.
- Monitoring and managing schedules through CoConstruct.
- Managing project risks including the creation of contingency plans to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Communicating with clients on a daily and weekly basis.
- Contributing to the development of current processes within the department.
Skills and Attributes:
- Aligned with company principles and values
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex projects
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Strong understanding of landscape materials, techniques, and systems
- Knowledge of project and construction management
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Problem solving abilities, motivation to learn and resourcefulness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible, dependable and hard working
Employment Position Details:
- Full Time – Permanent
- Salaried + Benefits
- Hours/week: 37.5
- Work Environment: Office & Construction Site
- Location – Temporarily located at 135 Bayfield Street, Suite 202 in Barrie, Ontario.
- Main Office is located at 14 Finlay Mill Road, Midhurst, Ontario