Senior Interior Designer
Date Posted: February 15, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Architectural, Engineering & Design
Job Function: Interior Design
Madison Taylor Design offers architectural, project management and design services for clients across the residential, commercial and hospitality industries worldwide. We focus on Integrated Design, a practice that seamlessly combines multiple disciplines to take each project from conception to completion and deliver extraordinary results.
Our mission is to provide high-end interior design and architectural services for local and global clients. Taking inspiration from nature and using modern and sustainable materials, we utilize our skill and expertise to bring the client’s design vision to life.
- University degree or College diploma in Interior Design
- Minimum 10 years of Interior Design experience.
- Certified with NCIDQ and/or ARIDO
- Proficient in Revit, CAD, graphic design, 3D modelling and visualization software
- Knowledge of commercial and residential code requirements
- Experience in custom furniture is considered a definite asset
Detailed Role & Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to meticulously complete an interior design package, which includes concept presentations, construction drawings, elevations, furniture layouts, schedules, specifications, and document checking.
- Conducting site analysis including recording existing conditions and site measurements.
- Managing a project from beginning to end while establishing great relationships with suppliers, consultants, and clients.
- Overseeing construction administration, which includes tendering, site instructions, shop drawing review and project close out.
- Understanding the functional organization of the team and collaborating effectively with all members and divisions in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to clients in a timely manner and handling difficult client situations.
- Meeting multiple deadlines and completing projects within a given timeframe.
- Monitoring of project hours and efficiencies.
Skills & Attributes:
- Highly creative and innovative with the ability to think outside of the box
- Detail oriented and comfortable reviewing drawings
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and be adaptable to changes in priorities
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent client/supplier relationships
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative without instruction
Employment Position Details
• Full Time – Permanent Position
• Salaried + Benefits
• Hours/week: 37.5
• Work Environment: Office
• Location – Temporarily located at 135 Bayfield Street, Suite 202 in Barrie, Ontario. Main Office is located at 14 Finlay Mill Road, Midhurst, Ontario