Lead Architectural Designer
Date Posted: December 2, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Architectural, Engineering & Design
Job Function: Designer
Madison Taylor Design offers architectural, project management and design services for clients across the residential, commercial and hospitality industries worldwide. We focus on Integrated Design, a practice that seamlessly combines multiple disciplines to take each project from conception to completion and deliver extraordinary results.
Our mission is to provide high-end interior design and architectural services for local and global clients. Taking inspiration from nature and using modern and sustainable materials, we utilize our skill and expertise to bring the client’s design vision to life.
- Post-secondary Degree in Architecture or recognized Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Minimum 10 years of experience with residential design and construction drawings
- Minimum 5 years of experience with high-end custom residential
- BCIN certification
- Knowledge of Interior Design is considered a definite asset
- Proficient in Revit, CAD, and 3D modeling
- Working knowledge of Part 9 of the building code
Detailed Role & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to successfully see a project through all phases of architectural design, including site plans,
concepts, and detailed working drawings.
- Creating innovative, unique, and functional concept designs for clients in collaboration with multiple in-
- Providing construction support to suppliers, consultants, and clients.
- Interpreting and coordinating work of consultant disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical, and
- Managing time and deadlines with an awareness of project fees and budgets.
- Reviewing and stamping working drawings.
- Leading junior designers.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong understanding of building systems, materials, construction methods, architectural
detailing, and architectural design styles
- Knowledge of site planning, municipal approvals, and submission requirements
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail and motivation to learn
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and be adaptable to changes in priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative without instruction
- Aligned with the company principles and values
Employment Position Details
• Full Time – Permanent Position
• Salaried + Benefits
• Hours/week: 37.5
• Work Environment: Office
• Location – Temporarily located at 135 Bayfield Street, Suite 202 in Barrie, Ontario. Main Office is located at 14 Finlay Mill Road, Midhurst, Ontario